Tuesday, May 17, 2011

That Didn't Take Long: Dice To DL

Did anyone not see this coming? After another bad outing from Dice-K, he's headed to the DL to join his partner in bad pitching, John Lackey. From Redsox.com:
Matsuzaka underwent an MRI on Tuesday, and the diagnosis is that he has a sprained right elbow. Because Tuesday night's game was rained out, Boston will officially place Matsuzaka on the DL prior to Wednesday's game. To replace Matsuzaka on the roster, the Red Sox have summoned right-hander Michael Bowden from Triple-A Pawtucket.
So, can someone please reassure me that they're going to skip Timmy this time round the rotation? I was really looking forward to Beckett vs. Verlander on Thursday and I fear this PPD game will ruin that. I hope I'm worrying for nothing. Oh well. New rotation: Beckett, Lester, Aceves, Wakefield, Buchholz? I'll take it.

No comments: