Friday, May 6, 2011

DL and Pawtucket Express: Getting More Visitors

In my effort to keep track of who the heck is on my team, here's an update. It's more for me that for you guys. Sorry about that, but in two weeks when the Sox send Rich Hill down and I find myself muttering, "When the heck did they bring HIM up?" I will be able to look back at my own blog and remember. Life gets busy. Keeping track of a bullpen is hard.

In a move that I'm sure surprised no one, but pleased everyone, Jenks was sent to the DL with a case of not being able to pitch all well and stuff. He brings Dan Wheeler with him, because apparently the DL is a scary place and Jenks didn't want to go alone. Scott Atchison and Rich Hill were brought up to replace them. However, because of everyone being exhausted, Atch told he was being sent back to Pawtucket yesterday after the game. Alfredo Aceves is expected to be called up in his place. That move isn't official yet, but be on the lookout for it.

For those keeping track like me, our bullpen right now is Paps, Bard, Oki, Hill, Albers, and Atch/Aceves. I'm not counting Tim in all this because he's starting tonight. So in your face, bullpen!

No comments: