Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sox Score Seven: Not The Red Ones, Though

Ew. That's my only reaction to last night's game. I guess the boys didn't enjoy being lonely at the top, and now we've let the Yankees right back into our little first place party. I don't like sharing. I don't want the Yankees and their icky fans listening to our music and drinking our beer. Stop drinking our beer, you jerks!

Kidding, I don't drink beer. I swear though, if they try to touch my rum, someone is losing a hand. Hear that, Jeter? I will rip your hands off if you touch my rum. I'd say that losing a hand would decrease your range and thereby your chances of winning another gold glove.... but I'm not so sure your range COULD get worse. And we all know you're going to win it whether you make any plays or not. Life is unjust.

So... Jon Lester. What's up, my friend? What's gotten into you lately? May, uh.... May wasn't so good to you this year, you know? Walks were up, hits were up, location was off. Any reason in particular? I don't know what's going on, but I think after allowing seven runs to the White Sox, you might want to look at some film or whatever it is that you pitchers do. Make adjustments. Locate your pitches. Do your thing, ok? I like that you acknowledged that you stunk, but now it's time to stop stinking. Let's make June better!

Pedroia was my favorite player of the game. With runners on second and third, Munchkin came up to bat and I nicely asked him to get those two runs in. He did exactly what I asked, and I definitely like when players listen to me. Unfortunately, the rest of the team didn't listen to me, and that's why we are where we are. Just sayin'... I sort of know what I'm talking about. Helpful suggestions such as "score runs" or "stop sucking" are completely for the good of the team. I have your best interests at heart, guys!

The sting was taken away a little by watching "Four Nights In October." I can say without exaggeration that I've watched it no less than twenty times. It ALWAYS makes my day better and I ALWAYS get goosebumps when Dave Roberts goes sliding into second. Favorite team ever, without question. Just seeing most of those guys in uniform makes me smile. Oh Ducky, how I miss you!

On a side note... Daniel Bard and Rich Hill resurrecting the bullpen band? I don't think it will have the same magic as it used to, but the effort is so appreciated, guys. Keep on jamming out there! I knew all my recent talk about Timlin was bound to provide positive results. Yeah, I miss The Admiral, too. Guess I'm just feeling a bit nostalgic today.

No comments: