Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Barding It Again: Another Tough Loss

I intended to post about how there was absolutely nothing to like about this game. I had the beginning of the post all planned out in my head and was ready to spew a bunch of anger, but.... meh. Nope, can't work up enough anger to keep that going long, so instead I'll just say meh. I wanted to write that Daniel was getting beat on his junk pitches instead of on his good stuff, but after re-examining the game data, he really wasn't. Another meh. As for the offense? Whatever. Bad game on a cold, rainy night in Cleveland. Our boys have played in the rain for a long stretch this month. I feel like they're allowed mishaps like this once in a while.

It did waste a great outing by Dahmer. The double play to end the game was very much like a kick to the gut from someone wearing cleats. Watching Pedroia come out with a turned ankle was a solid punch to the face. We lost this fight, and it did hurt.... especially knowing that they had the chance to jump into first last night. At least no ground was lost. That's about all I've got for positives from last night; we didn't lose ground. I just grow increasingly tired of losing to Fetus. Can I call him Fetus any more? He's sporting a beard now, and doesn't exactly look like a child any more. They grow up so fast, don't they? I think I'll stick with the nickname, though. For old times' sake.

One of the reasons I can't get too worked up about this loss is that the Bruins and Lightning put on one hell of a show, but the B's came out with the win. So one Boston team goes home happy. Sure, I would have loved for the Sox to win this one, but.... meh. Beckett/Carmona tonight. Four years ago, this would have been one of those can't miss match-ups. Now? All I know is that I'm not going to miss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It hurt. But Fetus is all grown up!
Daniel Bard on the other hand...