Friday, April 8, 2011

Reyes: Shouldn't Have Gotten A Bullpen Spot To Begin With

Finally getting around to reading some news bits today, it seems the Sox have designated Dennys Reyes for assignment, which comes as a surprise to nearly no one. Fact is, the way they were playing, and as badly as Reyes pitched, something probably needed to change. The Sox called up Felix Doubront. I am seriously rooting for Doubront. I like the kid.

Also, Matt Albers has been placed on the 15-day DL with a sore lat muscle, clearing up ANOTHER roster spot (cause let's face it, our bullpen was already tiring out) for Alfredo Aceves, setting up the possibility that he'll get to face his former team today. I didn't realize Albers hurt himself, but what I recall seeing from Aceves this spring makes me think this may work out for us. Who knows?

Contrary to the way it is in my world, Gonzalez and Papi are not back-to-back in the lineup. I should have expected that Youk would be sandwiched in between the two, but I guess I was just being hopeful. Crawford gets the leadoff spot today. Ellsbury is dropped to eighth in the order.

Now back I go, to continue my search for pre-game ceremony info. I just want to know who's throwing out the first pitch is all...

No comments: