Sunday, April 10, 2011

John Lackey: Donating Wins To Better Pitchers

As I said in my Friday post, when John Lackey got the win, I had every intention of taking that W away from him and assigning it to Lester. So of course, Lackey pitched another shitty game and ended up with the win. Congrats to Jon Lester for his first win of the season. Nope, no love for Lackey here.

What a game, though. As Pedroia goes, so go the Sox. Is Pedroia incredible or what? A home run on opening day for what, the third year in a row? Nuts. Just nuts. It felt like he was on base every time up. Someone said to me that they need to bat Pedroia twice in every inning. I can't say that I disagree, and would happily take the extra outs to get Pedey more at bats. 3-for-5 with three RBI, providing the spark that the team needs. Despite 0-fers from Crawford, Youk, and Scoots, we still put nine runs up on the board. We also got some pretty awesome pitching out of Jenks, Bard, and Paps, which makes me more than happy. Again, Lackey sucked. No need to sugar coat it, but I might harp on it a little.

There's nothing like coming home, folks. Fenway, that beautiful green beast that greets me on the Mass Pike every day, is just... I can't explain it. It's got it's problems, for sure, but I love it. It seems to make everything better, doesn't it? I just don't know if I could love another park the way I love Fenway.

So the Sox have gotten their first win out of the way, but that one little win has made me feel like we're 7-0 instead of 1-6. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to write next about the loss on Saturday which I was fortunate enough to attend (that wasn't sarcasm, by the way). I've got so much to write about! Usually, I only blog Mon-Fri, but there's so much going on that I needed to start today. Ok, on to my Manny post. I'll see you back here in a few minutes....

No comments: