Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Annoyed: Not Panicked.

While I maintain my state of calm, I try to remind myself that four games doesn't mean anything. Two more games and it becomes comical. I don't want it to come to that, but if they DO lose the next two, they better lose every single game this season, so at least I can have a laugh about it.

If anyone associated with the Red Sox is reading this.... that was a joke. Don't actually lose every game this season. There will be rioting.

No, Beckett wasn't the Beckett we wanted him to be. He had his dreaded fourth inning, as has been his usual, and he couldn't hold a one run lead, nor could he pitch past the fifth inning. It drives me crazy when he cruises along through the first two innings looking unstoppable, and then throws forty pitches in the fourth. What is it about that fourth inning that makes him suck? Why can't he pitch well after three innings? Does he REALLY have to throw a hundred pitches before ever sniffing the sixth?! Does he?!? Yeah, I guess so. The only plus side is that he didn't surrender a single home run. Does that make me feel better about yet another loss? Nope. Not even a little bit, but it's a positive, so I'll hold on to it.

More concerning than the fact that Josh decided to keep up his pattern of suck rather than kicking some ass is the fact that we scored one run off of the Indians. It's not spring training anymore (or so I've been told... sure feels like it) boys. Time to wake up. There's far too much talent in this team for you all to be playing this badly. Come on. Pull it together. I only have so much hair left of my head, and with my temper, it'll be gone by the end of the week. I'd really like to keep some hair, if it's all the same.

So, Dice-K, Red Sox Nation turns their sad, lonely eyes to you. Help? Please?

No comments: