Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh My Lowrie: Dice-K Goes Seven Awesome Innings

Who ARE these guys? No, seriously, these are not the Sox of the last two weeks. I don't recognize this team, but I love them. What a performance. Honestly, I don't have a SINGLE thing to complain about.

Jed? You, sir, are unbelievable. Were you always this insane and I just didn't notice until you shoved a 4-for-5, 4 RBI performance in my face? Consider me impressed, young Jedi. Also, keep it up. Munchkin is enjoying the breather since he didn't have to carry the team on his shoulders today. Don't get me wrong, he did just fine himself. I'm not one to scoff at a 2-for-5, 2 RBI day. He was far more productive than me today. I didn't get a single hit, nor did I accumulate any RBIs, so... you know. Then again, for the season, I'm still o-for-0 with no RBI's, strikeouts, or walks.

Needless to say, I think this is the team Theo envisioned when he was putting it all together this off-season. Great pitching, great hitting, and nifty defense. I have no idea why Tito took Dice-K out after the 7th when he was only at 89 pitches and had only given up one hit and one walk. Pre-emptive measures perhaps? I can't see! I don't know what's going on! Anyway, unbelievable performance by K today. It's nice to know that he still has that in him occasionally, especially when we needed it so badly to keep a little momentum. I guess he didn't like Lester and Beckett handing that ace card back and forth and made a run to procure it for himself. More kudos to Aceves for pitching a clean 8th. Wakey closed the game, only giving up a solo home run, but hey, that's the way the knuckleball knuckles.

And in the 'it was bound to happen soon' category, Crawford apparently slammed a double off the wall, driving in Lowrie in the 6th. See? See, we told you it would come. Very proud of you, Carl. Now that the monkey's off his back a little bit, maybe we'll start to see a return to form for Crawford. Between Jed hitting everything in sight, Crawford driving in his second run of the season, we got home runs from Youk and CRW (and Lowrie, of course), a triple from JD, more doubles from Youk and Gonzalez (who was looking to have a rough day, striking out in his first three at bats), and three singles from Ortiz, Drew, and Munchkin. That's 13 hits, boys and girls. Thirteen hits and nine runs. Oh my. I love it. The only starter to not have a hit was Tek, but come on.... he's not in there because of his bat. Just sayin.'

Our first three-win-streak of the season, and I find that I really enjoy winning. Is it too much for me to ask of Lackey to just man up and have a good outing in Oakland? Because if he could do that, it would be fantastic.

I'll be making sure to get my rest tonight, because the 10:05 start tomorrow is going to make for a rough Wednesday. Happy Patriots Day, all. Enjoy the feeling of three wins in a row!

No comments: