Friday, April 29, 2011

Not Being Swept: So Much Better Than The Alternative

I didn't get to catch much of the game last night. I know Jon Lester went eight innings and got the win. I guess in the big scheme of things, all I really needed to know was that we won. I went to bed after a long day of, gee, what else... baking.... knowing that we won and it was because of Jon Lester. Somehow, for some ungodly reason, I just started coming up with haikus to describe my love for Johnny. It was a stupid idea, because it stopped me from getting much needed sleep, but it was amusing at the same time. One of my favorites (and, really, the only one I remember from last night):


In a month so sad
Jon Lester, shining Sox star
Saves us from a loss.

Or you could always go with this one that just sort of came to me:


Oh left handed hope
Bring us victory once more
We're not in last place!


Never said I was good at haikus, but man, are they fun. So, you don't need a rundown of the game. We won. We are, once again, not cellar dwellers... but we really need to win the last two games of the month. Give me a little hope that we're better than a sub-.500 team, you know?

No comments: