Thursday, April 28, 2011

Heading The Wrong Way Again: Sox Down To 3 Games Under .500

It was nice while it lasted, wasn't it? Getting to watch that team that could pitch, hit, and field all in the same game? I liked those guys. Maybe they'll come for a longer visit next time. Maybe Jon Lester will bring them with him tonight. I don't know. It was a pretty ugly game, and definitely not the type of performance I was hoping for from Josh Beckett. I wanted to be able to write my blog this morning with the general theme of 'it didn't matter how badly he pitched because no one was hitting.' Unfortunately, those jerks needed to come back and tie the game just in time for Daniel Bard to give it right back. I think someone may need another brain washing. I'll see if I can still find my face-ripping gloves.

That routine fly ball that fell between Pedroia and Ellsbury... isn't that the center fielder's responsibility? I would say that I should pick on Ellsbury more for letting that drop, but I'm not so sure I'm capable of making fun of him more than I already do. Besides, I've been trying to be good and not be on his case this season. It's sort of working! I mean, kind of...

It was such a disappointing loss. For a few minutes, after Youkilis hit the home run, I allowed myself to think that maybe, just MAYBE, they would manage to get a win for Timmy, and that would make the suck-fest of the previous innings all better. Getting a win for Tim Wakefield is pretty much the best way to make everything seem so much better. But no, they couldn't manage to pull ahead, and they sure as heck couldn't manage to maintain the tie for longer than three minutes. Sigh. Like I said, I miss those other guys that we'd been watching last week. I'm hoping that they show up to Fenway tomorrow, because I'll be at Fenway in obstructed view seats. I don't know if you know this, but 'watching' your team suck from $50 obstructed view seats is one of my least favorite things in the world to do. Unfortunately, the obstructed view tickets were sort of an accident, but now that I have them, I want to be happy about them.

As for tonight, with Jon Lester on the hill, I feel good about our chances of not being swept. But then again, who knows? He's going to need run support, and unless our lineup snaps out of this little funk they're in, it doesn't matter how well he pitches. Still... root root root for our home team or something silly like that.

Also, Horton. Great job, B's! That is all. For now.

No comments: