Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Highlight Of The Game: Pedroia.

Is saying that Pedroia was the highlight an oxymoron of sorts? Between that utterly amusing throw from his... I guess knees, but it looked more like he was lying down... and his single to break up the no-hitter, Pedroia was the star. Not to mention the aggressive base-running that got him to third (stolen base number 3!)which game Youkilis the chance to drive him in on a sac fly. As usual, it was the Pedroia show.

It's a tad scary that Dahmer gave up a career-high twelve hits against the Orioles last night. This does not instill confidence, Clay. Though, I have to say that if getting quality starts in April for Josh and Jon means getting none from Clay, it's a trade we have to make. He wasn't good in this game. Against any other team, I would write it off as another mediocre performace from him. Against this team, after the roll we've been on? It looks extra bad.... but I guess it wasn't worse than any other start. Clay has failed to get going yet this season, but I believe that he will eventually pull it together. Mulligan for the month, I guess.

I think for me, the most frustrating inning was the 5th. Varitek singled to start, followed by Ells doubling him to third. Pedroia walked... all this, of course, with two out. It took Adrian Gonzalez to end our biggest threat of the night with a weak grounder to Brian Roberts. Dave Madagan, you need to work with your boys so they can learn how to hit with the bases loaded. The bottom of the 5th found the Orioles tacking on another run off of Dahmer, just to sort of rub it in.

I guess I'm not going to get too worked up about this game... though it would have been nice to make it to .500 last night. That just means that Josh and Jon, respectively, are going to have their work cut out for them in the next few nights. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they can manage.

No comments: