Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dahmer: Extended

I have no pictures of Clay Buchholz. I just spent the last hour going through every folder of baseball pictures I've ever taken, and I cannot find a single picture. I have roughly two thousand pictures of Jon Lester, and probably about five hundred of Josh Beckett, but not a single picture of Clay to open this post with. I have no idea how that happened. The only picture I have with an image of Clay is the picture I took off the new HD video board at Fenway yesterday, so if you want to see what he looks like, just scroll down a little. That's the best I can do for you.

Theo makes me laugh. He always signs players (mostly pitchers) to contract extensions after they pitched horribly. I say always, but really, I think it was only Beckett. Anyway, Dahmer signed a four-year, $30 M+ contract extension, guaranteeing that our rotation will include Beckett, Dahmer, Lester, Dice-K, and Lackey forever. I'm not going to complain. Dahmer's really been winning me over slowly over the last few seasons. I think it's a good move, and I congratulate Clay for earning enough respect from the organization to garner such a contract. I just wish he had pitched like he deserved it on Saturday... oh well, there's always next time!

No comments: