Tuesday, September 30, 2008

John Cena: Total Asshat

I was perusing through the wasteland known as mlb.com again today. I swear, it's a form of self-inflicted psychological torture. Anyway, I was there, and I see a link.... John Cena Backs the Rays With a Message to Sean Casey. I'm sure it's all in good fun, as it's pretty well-known that Sean Casey is a giant wrestling fan (prompting the "Wooo!" t-shirts he handed out in the clubhouse - he's buddies with the Nature Boy Rick Flair, you know.) But the fact is, John Cena is from Boston. They could have picked any no-good hack to call Casey and tease him, but a Boston boy? That's unacceptable. Poor form, John. No wonder I never liked you.

And on a side note, this is a pretty cool interview with Sean Casey. It made me smile.

I'm not going to inundate everyone with cries of "OMFG Beckett's hurt!" To be honest, I'm not worried. I haven't been worried. I know the Angels are a good team, but let's see what Jon can do before everyone jumps off a cliff in panic. Beckett isn't going to not pitch, I can just about guarantee that. An oblique strain can heal in the off-season if need-be. He'll pitch. Although this kind of messes everything up, considering Jonny pitches better at home, and Commander pitches better on the road... still not worried. We'll be fine.

Disappointed that Munchkin more than likely will not win the AL batting title. He had it wrapped up, but had one bad week, and it fell out of his hands. It's ok. He's our MVP, and we love the kid. He doesn't need your stupid batting title.

I'll be honest, I'm more than a little pissed off about Manny running his mouth. I tried to just let him go, to remember the good parts about Manny. I was a Manny-apologist. I can't do it any more. Even after his less than graceful exit, I stuck up for him. Now, he's just rubbing salt and acid in the wound. He keeps saying that the fans in Boston were so great, but at the same time, he insults how the fans live and die with the game, and expect 100% out of the team. Heaven forbid! We're paying ridiculous ticket prices in a small, cramped (but adored) ballpark so guys like Manny can get big paydays to produce for the team. And when they don't produce, yeah, we're pissed. I guess Manny doesn't understand that some people value their money, and we don't want to waste it on an expensive team that doesn't give a shit! You know, if I never read that article, perhaps I wouldn't be so infuriated with Manny.

I know Manny speaks without considering what he's saying. One minute, he says he loves Boston and there's no where else he'd rather be. The next minute, he wants to be traded. Now, he wants to stay in LA forever. He's always been like that, but to disrespect a city, a fanbase who supported his immature self for over seven seasons is just not right. You say you want us to let you be happy somewhere else? Why don't you try letting US be happy about our time spent with you, instead of turning it bitter? I never thought I'd even type this, but Manny, just shut up and go away. I don't want you in my consciousness any more.

Anyway. Different topic. I'm terribly ashamed of myself for missing the Johnny Pesky number retirement ceremony. I can't even remember what I was doing on Sunday that distracted my attention, but I missed it. Hopefully I'll see it someday. I'll have to look up videos of it.

Come on, playoffs. It's only been two days, but I already miss baseball!

No comments: