Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Binky: Shutting up the Phillies

Binky was just about everything I was expecting out of him tonight. He threw strikes. He was efficient. He went deep into the game, and he gave up no runs. None! Imagine that. This was the tone that needed to be set for Boston sports tonight.

We saw the decaffeinated versions of Drew, Manny, and Tek tonight, but even that didn't matter. Jolt-cola Coco stepped it up again and provided us with all the offense we needed. Munchkin's still in his little slump, but that kid is making pitchers work. Moyer only lasted five innings, so again, Munchkin does his job and works the pitcher and helps get them out of the game early.

Oki and Paps were brilliant tonight. Very nice work by the both of them. Perhaps the aliens that have periodically replaced them returned the originals tonight. If not, then those aliens have been practicing. Good job, extraterrestrials!

I don't know about everyone else, but I'll be watching a basketball game late into the night again. I'm hoping it's the last one this season. If I'm not too tired, I'll post in the morning.

Go C's!

No comments: