Friday, June 17, 2011

Eleven: One

That's math that Paps can get behind. Since June 3rd, the Sox have put together a happy, shiny 11-1 record. That one loss was stupid, and I think we should petition to have it removed from the record books just for the reason that I didn't like it. Oh, if only the world worked like that.

In frustrating fashion, the Sox left the bases loaded in each of the first two innings. Crawford and Scutaro both looked helpless at the plate when their teams needed them to make an effort. This wasn't the kind of homecoming I expected out of Crawford. Spine punches are in his future. I can just feel it. Lowrider broke himself in the first inning and seems to be headed for the DL (and I base that on nothing but the fact that he's been having issues with that shoulder), and then Clay broke himself after the fifth inning and had to go, I don't know, cry in a corner somewhere?

There were bases-loaded walks and doubles and home runs and... well, baseball generally happened. At this point, you're probably wondering if I even watched the game. Sure I did. I don't think Price hit Youkilis intentionally in the first inning! See? Proof. I don't know. I don't think I have anything to say today. I guess I'll just say Lackey vs. Marcum tonight. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: