Sunday, June 5, 2011

Crawford: Killer of A's

Crawford crossing homeplate after his home run


Three games, and three times Crawford is right in the mix of wonderful goings-on, so he gets two titles this weekend. I think he deserves it! The second inning found Crawford picking up three more RBI's and making everyone at the park stand up and cheer. Ernie added his own two run home run two innings later. At that point, the score was 5-2, as Lackey had let one run score in both the 3rd and the 4th.

The sixth inning was kind of crazy with the base running. CRW stole second and third... well, technically, he took them on wild pitches, but it doesn't much matter to me. Munchkin singled him in and then stole second himself. There was baserunning all over the place! It was insanity. I'm telling you. You should believe me.

Dewey graced us with his presence! I'm always excited to see Dewey!

Other fun things that happened? Varitek walked to the bullpen. I have proof!
See? He's a pretty man. That is a true story, and I have many, many friends who will corroborate that story. Salty hit a triple, which was amazing. Thanks for the misplay, Coco. Salty was "thrown out" at home, but we all know he was safe. Granted, I was pretty far back in the park (Row 6 of grandstand section 2), but I have no doubts in my mind that he was safe. Then Ellsbury was "thrown out" at second, prompting the quote of the afternoon from someone who was sitting two rows behind me. "Hey ump, get off your knees, you're blowing the game!" I shamelessly admit that I giggled. And then I wrote it down. And now I'm sharing it with you! Enjoy!

That was pretty much the ballgame, folks. Three game sweeps of any team are welcome. I would have liked the Yankees to have lost at some point, but I won't be bitter. We'll get 'em this week. Updated cookie/spine punch standings coming up!

No comments: