Friday, January 30, 2009

Jason Varitek: The Captain Gives Me Aneurysms

He is back. For a whole year, with a team or player option for 2010.

I'll tell ya, the obsessively-in-love part of my brain is rejoicing and my world seems happy once again. The captain has returned, and he will once again lead us. I don't know where we will go, but he will lead us.

The other side of my brain, the logical baseball reasoning portion of my brain wonders if this is a good idea at all. A 37 year old catcher who batted .220 last season and couldn't get a hit with runners in scoring position to save his life? Do we really need that?

Of course, the obsessive part beats the logical part into submission, and I am a happy girl once again.

Welcome back Captain Varitek! Even if you did lose a ton of respect that fans once had for you over the course of these negotiations, I am so happy to know that your last at-bat as Sox captain wasn't a strikeout (yet).... Joy abounds, folks. The Tek saga is over.

Please returned to your regularly scheduled sadness over the lack of real baseball. Thank you

No comments: