Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jason Varitek: No hitting into triple plays for him!

That's right. It was not a triple play, but a beautiful, well-deserved RBI single. Take that, Minnesota! Surprisingly, and wonderfully enough, that wasn't even Jason's only hit for the day. I loved it. It made me happy. I just wish I had seen it!

I am so impressed with this game, but sad at the same time because 1) Today is an off-day after an afternoon game AGAIN, resulting in far too much baseballlessness for me before the ASB, and 2) I don't think the bats will be awake like that for the rest of the season. Call me crazy, but 18 runs is not something we generally put up. And by "we" I mean "The Red Sox"... you know, the Boston flavored ones.

The only thing that made me sad was Joshua. And even then, I dont think he did so bad, necessarily, although that ERA keeps creeping up. He's just under 4 right now. I'd really rather him be just under 3, but hey, can't have it all. And from what I've come to understand, Josh tends to have a hard time with the Twins (referencing his last start in the reg. season last year, of course)... maybe he just doesn't expect them to give him as much of a hard time as they do, and he's always surprised. That's ok, we love Joshua anyway for his kickassness and badassery. I love those words.

So, I guess that's all I really have to say. Happiness abounds, folks. These are the good days that we've been waiting for. Such a shame we had to wait until the ASB to find them.

Oh yeah, some guy named Big Papi is almost ready for a rehab stint. Almost.

No comments: