Monday, March 22, 2010

Paps: Just Can't Seem To Do Anything Right

Kidding, of course. I was listening to the game on the radio yesterday, and the meltdown by Paps earned a half-hearted 'eh' from me. Again... spring training. I don't care HOW they do, I'm just happy they're doing something. I know Mr. Papelbon was supposed to be working on his secondary pitches this spring, so that could be part of it. Either that, or he had a bad day. I have no idea what he was throwing. I don't know what his velocity was at, and I didn't hear any mention of location problems. That's the issue with listening to the game instead of watching it. When something goes wrong, you have to guess what the problem is. The broadcasters can only tell you so much.

From what I think I heard (and I'm just gonna go ahead and double check that against the box score, but you won't feel the time delay because of the magic of the interwebs), Jon pitched 5 innings, allowing 3 runs. I'm actually more concerned about him than I am about Pap. Pap had a bad day. Jon, for the most part, is allowing a lot of runs this spring. Saying all that, I'm still not concerned about either of them.

The Sox have been on a bit of a losing streak, with the exception of a nice win against the Orioles. Ok, so I can't seem to pull up any information on the Sox right now. I guess it was a bad time to try to update my blog. That's ok. I remembered to wear my green Sox shirt for St. Patrick's Day (only green article of clothing that I own), and we're closing in on opening day. 13 more days! Can you believe it? (props to Castiglione for that phrase). Thirteen days until opening day and only 29 more days until my first live game of the year. I'm so excited I can hardly sit still. Oh baseball, you'll never know how I miss you when you're gone.

In other, related news, the Sox have signed LHP Alan Embree to a minor league contract. Some of you may remember Alan as one of the 25. So, even if I don't like the signing, I'm going to be ok with it. Welcome back, Alan. That is all for today, peeps! Happy Monday!

No comments: