Monday, August 11, 2008

Dahmer: The Ultimate Buzzkill

I like the kid, and I think he's got a lot of promise, but I just don't think he can handle being in the rotation right now. Get him on that bus back down 95 and pull Fetus out of the bullpen until something calms Clay down.

Just for the record, I know he's not a kid. He's older than I am, but I'm allowed to call him whatever I want.

What is it about hotels that makes our guys stop hitting? Is it the poor choice in bedding designs? Is it the tacky curtains? How about the hideous carpeting? Why? Why can't they hit on the road? I don't understand, but I want to. I am volunteering to travel on the road with the Red Sox and find out exactly what it is about road trips that cause brain cramps, as long as I don't have to bunk with Asshat, because I'd rather commit ritualistic suicide. We need to be able to beat good teams on the road. We're a good team, too, but for some reason we're determined to keep it a secret. With aprox. 2 months left to the season, it's time to let the secret out.

The Commander on the mound tonight... I've got mixed feelings about him this year, much like he has mixed feelings about being effective. Let's hope for the good Josh tonight, and not that terrifying 2006 Josh.

I also have mixed feelings about the month of August. Too many things are changing this August, and I'm just not sure I'm happy about that. But, that's another list of stories for another time (and possibly a non-baseball related blog)

No comments: