Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Manny Ramirez: Thinks His Stock Hasn't Diminished

Manny, like Jason and some other relatively big names, are having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that they just just aren't worth what they once were.

Manny turning down the Dodgers' offer didn't surprise me in the least. He's never been the type that has a problem with missing spring training, so if he's not signed by the time players report, I won't be shocked. Unlike the Captain, I still think there would be a market for Manny if he sat out this year (not that he's planning on doing that, I just think he could). The man is gifted. He's also a little childish, but gifted nonetheless.

I still don't think anyone's going to give Manny more than two years. Teams look at the way he left Boston and back off on committing to him. Can't say that I blame them.

I really, really wish it wasn't going to snow today. I am so tired of the snow, I have no energy left to express my distaste for it.

No comments: