Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dustin Pedroia: Hulkamaniac?

Oh man, I love that little Munchkin. Seriously, with an ego like that, how can you not love him?

I was reading Rob Bradford's article on Dustin keeping himself motivated. If you haven't read it, and you, for some ungodly reason, need more reasons to grin and be thankful that this guy is on our team... go there now. Just do it.

Face it. Dustin has plenty of reasons to be cocky and arrogant these days. Most people (myself included... for shame, me!) thought he wasn't ready back in April of '07. I was clamoring for more time for Prince. But Munchkin proved me wrong, and I'm glad he did, because he became one of my favorites that year. Once he got himself started, the kid exploded. It was beyond impressive. To see him improve further the next year was even better. What on Earth can he do to top his first two full seasons in the big leagues? Possibilities are seemingly endless for him.

I would pay money to see a video of Pedey walking around in a Hulkamaniac t-shirt screaming "To be the man (woo!) you gotta beat the man!" Honestly. That's gold right there.... as long as he promises to keep the shirt on. I'm still scarred from the images of him at Mikey's dance tournament last year...

No comments: