Thursday, February 12, 2009

Report for Training, My Pitching and Catching Friends

Today is absolutely perfect. It's a beautiful, spring like day here in Natick... 50 whole degrees! I've even seen the sun on occassion... in particular, driving into work this morning, it was bright orange the whole way.

I go outside and I don't freeze. While I know this is temporary and the bad weather will be back, it's exactly what I needed after being stuck home with a cold the last few days. There's some hope that spring is coming back.

To top it all off, the boys are in Florida! Not all of them, for sure, but the important ones. The pitchers. The catchers. The keepers of the game's tempo. The pacemakers at the heart of the game! And the Commander even looks like he worked out this off-season (as opposed to Mr. Penny who looks like he sat around eating double cheeseburgers all winter.) These opinions are based directly from the early pictures I saw from the Globe... or the Herald. I think it was the Globe. Oh, what does it matter? It'e reporting day! (Ps... it was the Globe, and the pictures I saw were from Dirt Dogs)

Wakefield feels fine, Beckett looks fantastic (judging by his physique. I have no idea how the ball is coming out of his hand yet. No video feed here)... Papi says he's feeling super, Jason Varitek and Kevin Millar have jobs, and the world just seems like a beautiful place today. Baseball is in the air.

Just two more weeks until the beginning of meaningless exhibition games. I can't wait!

On another note, Tito is apparently taking a little bit of issue with what Julianna Ramirez is saying about Jack McCormick. I sort of want this just to go away peacefully, but I have a feeling it's just the beginning. We all know Manny doesn't like being upstaged by anyone. People were talking about Slappy, so Manny finds a way to get his face back on the papers. I do love the guy. I just have to remind myself of that every once in a while.

No comments: