Sunday, October 19, 2008

Josh Beckett: Just what we needed

I doubted him. I feared what he would do. He basically kicked me in the face and told me that I worry too much. Perhaps I do worry too much. But that's how I am.

Beckett may not have been 'vintage Beckett' but he gave us just enough. He gave us five innings and only 2 ERs. I cannot complain about that. I also am seriously impressed by the work of Okajima, Masterson, and Papelbon. The bullpen guys are almost surely tired right now, but once gametime comes, I can't imagine that they won't be up to pitch.

I'm proud of the way this team fought back, and I can't believe I would doubt them. But I'm still nervous. I'm nervous and anxious, and all I want is for Jon Lester to get us one more win in the ALCS.

Again, just like every other Red Sox fan, I will be watching. And hoping, and believing that these guys can do it if they want to.

But I'm still really nervous. So guys, just win. Please? Just win.

No comments: