Sunday, May 2, 2010

This Team: Disgusting

Listen, I love the Sox just as much as anyone else, but I'm going to be 100% honest when I say that I am too drained to watch them suck like this, so until further notice, I'm not watching.

I'll be following, of course. I'll be tracking them during game time using GameDay or something, but I absolutely cannot watch them suck any more. I can't. If they don't want to try, I don't want to watch them. They don't deserve the support. I don't deserve to have to see them get swept by the Orioles. I actually feel like they slapped me across the face this weekend.

And with the C's and B's in the playoffs right now, I have two other teams that could easily win my attention. Baseball will always be my first love, but as I said before... they're not good enough to win and they're not bad enough to be amusing. I've got my last few months of grad school looming ahead of me and I can do without getting pissed off at this ridiculous baseball team.

Beckett was good today. We should have finished this game with a happy note, being able to say 'hey, look! Josh turned it around in time for May.' But instead, it's all about really f'ing poorly timed double plays and the lack of any semblance of hitting. Again. As usual. My eyes burn, and I just don't want to see it any more.

Maybe I'm just being reactionary today. Maybe I'll feel a little less pissed off tomorrow. I doubt it, but who knows? By tomorrow, I might really need my baseball fix again, so it's entirely reasonable to think that this entire post is going to mean nothing in 24 hrs. And actually... no, I don't even wish them well. It wouldn't make a difference any way. Ugh.

No comments: