Thursday, June 11, 2009

Timothy: Giving Us Just Enough Again

No, it wasn't a hear no-hitter or a perfect game. No, he didn't hold them to two hits, or maintain a shutout, but Tim gives you just what you need... a win. Not all of these victories are going to be glamourous, and Tim is rarely glamourous anyway, but I couldn't have been happier.

Papelbon seems to love to keep everyone on the edge of their seats in the 9th inning. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps he's doing this on purpose just to show us all how important he is and how hard it is to pitch the 9th of a close game. It's all just a ploy to drive up his value, but I don't know if it's working out for him the way he hoped. We'll see.

Mikey with another beautiful monster shot, and Asshat even got in on the HR extravaganza. Ok, so it wasn't so much an extravaganza as it was a couple of home runs. I don't know, I guess the Yankees hit a few too, but oh well.

I have no complaints. Any time we win, I do my best not to complain because I am thankful for the victory. Wakefield keeps chugging along and showing everyone that he still has a few tricks up his sleeve, our dual aces are pitching like dual aces, and Dice-K... well he didn't walk anyone his last time out. The hitters hit, the fielders field, the W's go on the board. I'm a happy girl.

No comments: