Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fetus: Getting the Job Done

Yeah, he threw a lot of pitches, and only went six (but c'mon.... who in our starting rotation has been going more than six?) but it was good enough for a win. Kid only gave up 2 runs, with another run coming off Manny Delcarmen in the 7th. Definitely far better than his last outing.

So we win, 4-3... again. Didn't we win 4-3 on Sunday? Perhaps they liked that score so they decided to keep it.

The good: Varitek drives in the game winning run (yay!). 18 pitches, 1 BB, 1 K, no runs for our closer and his 1.20 ERA. CRW stole a base. JD hit a home run.

The bad: Papi gets hit on the wrist, we were 0-6 with RISP, Youk is now on the DL. I mean, I saw the DL thing coming once I realized he wasn't in the game, but it sucks no less because I knew it. You never want to see your hottest hitter go down with an injury. I just can't help but blame the WBC. All of our players who participated are either hurt, or in Javier Lopez's case... gone. In case I forgot to mention, and I know I did, he was DFA'ed to make room for Daniel Bard. Bard didn't end up getting in the game last night, but I AM excited to see him. Our bullpen is actually looking really good right now. At the beginning of the year, Delcarmen terrified me because of what I remembered from last season, but he rounded into form and he's been fantastic for us. OK, Paps might be a little bit scary, but I'm working on a notion that he's doing it intentionally so his saves seem all the more impressive. It's all part of the plan to get that big payday he wants.... even if it does seem slightly counterproductive.

We'll see how Papi's wrist is feeling today. Supposedly, Munchkin is planning on returning to the lineup today. But that's what they were saying about Youk last week, and a week later he's on the DL, so I don't know if I trust the front office right now. They lie to us just because they can. But honestly I don't really care if they do.

NESN had a graphic up last night with a picture of JayBay and the words 'Canadian bakin'' and I was actually embarrassed for NESN for just a moment. I'm sure there are 8,000 other references they could have used or puns they could have made. To me, calling him that implies that he's ham. Or a ham. Have you ever seen JayBay ham it up for the camera? Neither have I! Let's get some more appropriate puns next time, NESN.

Sox and Bruins both scored 4 times last night. The Celtics also scored 4... 23 different times. The games matched up well. Once the Bruins ended, I flipped on to the Celtics and watched them win (even if it did mean missing the first inning and Drew's home run) and when the Celtics finished, the Sox went on for the rest of the night. I like it when the Boston teams coordinate and all plan to win the same night.

I also liked that the Yankees lost to the Blue Jays, even if it does mean that the Jays stay one game ahead of us, because they have Kevin Millar. And any team with Kevin Millar is my second favorite team for the moment. I'm happy that the O's beat the Rays. I'm happy that Tim's pitching tonight, even if the game IS at 10:00 and I have to be up at quarter to six in the morning. You know not watching is not an option. It just means a nap has to be scheduled right after dinner so that I have the energy to stay up and watch the games. Yes, I make neccessary sacrifices. I do it because I love.

I keep seeing pictures of the Hardy Boys everywhere. It's so odd and random. Now, I've always liked JJ Hardy... I wonder if that's because he reminds me of the Hardy Boys, who were always among my favorites? When wrestling pops back up into my life, it sure tries really hard to drag me back in. It's like a bad boyfriend. I keep leaving him because he sucks and I just don't know who he is any more, but somehow, he convinces me that he's the same as he's always been, and he drags me back just for me to be mentally abused all over again. I have an abusive relationship with pro wrestling. I just don't know if I could ever care about it again the way I used to...

Anyway, back from my tangent... go Sox!

No comments: