Thursday, March 26, 2009

Trot Can't Catch A Break

Poor Little Tek... one of my favorites to ever put on a Sox uniform. The guy just can't catch a break these days.

According to Hot Stove Talk, my poor Trot was released by the Brewers after batting just over .100 this spring. It really does make me very sad because I want so much for him to get back to the majors. I guess I consider myself lucky that I was able to see his return to Fenway in September of '07, despite how painful it was for me to watch him play in a different uniform. I know baseball is business, and just like every other business, when you can no longer do the job you get replaced. I don't want to say that Trot can't do the job any more, but it's not looking good.

Trot still gets a page on my calendar every year. Maybe I should stop putting him in there and he'll have better luck? I know he's a tad superstitious. Ok, next year, I'll leave Trot out and maybe he'll get back to the major leagues. I love and embrace every player that was on our 2004 roster (except Nomar.... I never could bring myself to like Nomar), but Trot holds a very special place in my heart. I don't know why. I don't know what it is about him, but Trot, Bellhorn, and Ducky are my holy trinity of former players that I love and adore more than any others. Well, the other two parts of the holy trinity have jobs. Kevin is hamming it up in the Toronto minor leagues after parting ways with the Orioles (boo! bad form, Baltimore!) and my beloved Bellhorn recently signed a minor league deal with the Colorado Rockies. At least the have jobs. I'm still holding out hope that someone else will pick up Trot, because damnit, I feel like he deserves it.

Anyway, I wish every member of my holy baseball trinity luck this year. I want nothing but happiness for all three of them.

No comments: