Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Bard is Gone... Again

Josh Bard has to be thinking to himself, "What the F*&K!?!?!" right about now.

He was placed on unconditional release waivers. I feel bad for the guy. I wanted him to be here, and he really was working so hard. I thought it was working out. He decided to sign here... maybe because of the lack of market for him... a place where he was unceremonially shipped out of to bring back someone who did what he did, only a little better. Josh Bard felt that he had something to prove in Boston. Well, we're shipping him out again.

I really was ready to fully embrace him this time. I've moved past Dougie (sort of), and I wanted to see Bard succeed. It's probably nothing to do with his abilities. It probably has more to do with the fact that George Kottaras has no more minor league options, so he needs to stay with the big club. Still, a part of me is a little sad.

Josh Bard, we hardly knew you. I wish you well, wherever you end up, and I hope it's a nice place... a place where they don't trade you, or cut you, or make you think you're wanted until one day you wake up and realized that you weren't meant for them anyway. I don't know what I'm talking about any more, so farewell, Mr. Bard. I know we'll probably meet again...

In the same note... welcome to the big leagues, Mr. Kottaras. I hope your stay here is long and fruitful. Or something.

No comments: