Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Just Lost NESN

They're telling me to stand by. I don't accept this... even thought I don't really have a choice.

So Youk shaved. After trimming down a little bit and making himself look like the ultra-hillbilly, he shaved the beast off all together. It's so weird, seeing him looking like that kid that we shuttled up and down from Pawtucket again. It feels like it's been so long since I've seen him without that ridiculous beard. Youk hit a home run to add to our lead a few innings back. Always a good sign.

NESN came back just long enough to show me Saito hitting some little Twin (I have no idea who the guy is, and honestly, I don't much care either). Saito doesn't look too bad, but I think the wind is messing with the guys today.

Beckett, on the other hand, looked great. 30 pitches in 2 innings is exactly how much I like to see our pitchers throw. 5 pitches per batter, three batters per inning is what I like to see. Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with letting pitchers throw less, but in general, 15 per inning works for me. Josh is looking sharp and that makes me happy. I remind myself that it's still spring, and it's still early, but I'm feeling good about what we're seeing so far.

I was happy with Timothy's work today. 2 innings, no runs is good. He isn't as sharp as I'd like to see, but it's hard to make a knuckleball "sharp" to my standards. Still, he has a few mechanical adjustments that need to be made, but he'll be ok. Paps also looked good. Oki let up a few deep fly balls, but they were harmless, so it's not that bad.

I read somewhere this morning that Schilling wants to pitch for the Cubs.... really? Hmm...
(Editor's note... Schilling posted a blog about this very topic... and while I never mentioned that he was definitely coming back, because I hadn't heard that part of the rumor, I do want to clarify that he's not demanding to pitch for them or anything. He would like a chance to help the Cubs the way he helped the Sox. Personally, I think that would be pretty cool.)

No comments: