Friday, February 17, 2012

I Heard The News Today, Oh Boy: Wakefield Set To Announce Retirement

Call me ridiculous, call me a fool, but when I got back from lunch and heard the news that Tim was calling it a career, I wanted to cry. I didn't.... yet. I'll save that for later (what? I'm a very sentimental person. Sue me!).

Without exaggeration, my head is spinning a little from this news. I was nine when Tim joined the Sox. I have not known a team without Tim Wakefield. I should have known this was coming, but I didn't want to believe it.

I will get together some of my favorite pictures and put together an 'I love Timmy Wonderpitches' post. I just needed to post something right now. I know I'm not the only one who wishes it didn't have to end this way....

To all my fellow Sox bloggers out there, I implore you... take a minute to reflect on Tim and all he's done for the Sox. I honestly believe we are worse off without him than we are with him.

No comments: