Wednesday, March 16, 2011

News To Me: Jon Lester Named Opening Day Starter

Everyone else around me treated this news as a foregone conclusion, but to me, it's actually news. It may not be SURPRISING news, but it's news nonetheless. Tito has named Jon Lester as the opening day starter, scheduling him to pitch against CJ Wilson in Texas. Considering that Beckett's been the number one guy for the last couple of years, it's very cool that Jon is getting the chance this year. Being the opening day starter is a very cool honor.

And let's face it... as much as I love Josh (and I honestly do), he absolutely did not deserve it. Jon did. I am so unbelievably proud of him. At the risk of sounding too motherly, we've really watched him grow up and mature, and I couldn't be happier with the pitcher he's become.

Congratulations, Jon. You earned this!

No comments: