Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I ask for news, I get news

According to Ken Rosenthal, the Red Sox and Dustin Pedroia have just agreed to a six-year deal worth about $40 million. The Red Sox are buying out Dustin's first two years of free agency, and offering an option year for 2015.

Good for Munchkin! At the same time, I worry that this now makes him trade bait. Not that Theo would be stupid enough to give a GG, Silver Slugger, AL MVP away just because he can, but I worry. I really do want Munchkin around until 2015 and beyond if necessary. I also think Pedroia could have gotten more money out of them, but what's done is done (assuming it is actually done, because it's not official yet)

Now lets hand out some catcher contracts!

Update: Wow, ok... so I missed that whole Matt Holliday being traded to Oakland thing. Where the hell was I?

No comments: