Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blame It On the.... Snow: Sox Avoid Arbitration With Paps

According to the latest rumors, the Red Sox and Jonathan Patmybum have agreed to a one-year 9.something million dollar deal for 2010, avoiding arbitration and keeping that Milli Vanilli cover of "Blame It On The Rain" on the big screen at Fenway.

Yeah, I just wanted to mention that video. I enjoy that video. So now that we've got Vanilli locked down for a year, time to figure out what to do with Milli. Yup, that's right. Strike out king looks to be headed for arbitration, too.

And honestly, the only reason I'm saying anything about this is because that song popped up on my iPod just now, and it made me think of spring at Fenway, where every day has the potential to be one big, rainy, Milli Vanilli love fest. Because it rains a lot in April. That is, if it's not snowing. Inching slowly closer to baseball! Can you feel it? I can feel it. It feels sort of like a nice, cozy sweater.

Oh wait, that's just my nice cozy sweater. I guess I can't feel it yet, but I yearn to.... much like Theo yearns to avoid salary arbitration with everyone on Earth. See how I pulled it back and brought this topic full circle? Awesome. I know.

No comments: