Monday, January 23, 2012

We Did What?!: Sox Trade Scutaro? WHAT?!

I've been MIA, I know. There's not a whole ton going on with the Sox right now. I've got a lot on my plate. Full time job, wonderful boyfriend who deserves a lot more of my time than I can give to him, demanding family, new puppy, and Patriots in the playoffs (Superbowl! We totally didn't deserve to win that game, but we won! Wooo!), so I figured I would sit back and wait till Spring Training started up. But I'm not happy.

I'm not sure I've been happy with any of Keebler's moves. I know Scut was making $6M, but he was steady, and he was one of the three people who actually bothered to hit in September. Why can't we just stick with a shortstop?! This ridiculousness is exactly the type of thing that prompted this blog. Enough with changing shortstops. You want to PLATOON Mike Aviles and Nick Punto? Just stab me in the eye now. This is dumb. This is dumb, and I don't like it, and I am finding less and less to like about this team. I can't even say the team. It's the management. I cannot figure out what the strategy is.

Forgive me if I'm coming off as whiney. I'm not really feeling well, and I liked Scutaro. I'm really not sure I'm comfortable with what Keebs is doing. I guess we'll have to wait and see if it pans out. I'll miss you, Marco. I wish you nothing but good things, and maybe if the next time we play the Rockies, you hit a ball and it manages to hit Keebs in the stomach somehow, I would not disapprove. Good luck!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Is it just me or did they wait UNTIL we liked Scutaro? I wasn't a Scut fan (shaky at best) until recently.
If they take away Youkie, I will quit, Jup.