Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today: I Am A Zombie

Never mind the fact that I hadn't gotten a good night's sleep for a full week before the start of this west coast trip, and I've been doing nothing but schoolwork and resurfacing a concrete floor and no you don't need to know why... today I am a zombie, and an unhappy zombie at that. I'm gonna eat your damn brains and there's not a thing you can do about it. And no, I'm not one of those slowpoke zombies who shuffles along with no purpose. The only reason I'm moving so slowly is because I'm wearing heels and I miss my sneakers and.... getting off track. As usual.

We went from second place and one game out of first to third place and six games out of first before I even got to blink. I have no idea what happened. All I remember is bases loaded, and then it all goes black and somehow we lose. How do we keep losing? Yeah, I know. Kevin Cash. Adrian Beltre is officially not my most hated current Sox player. Congratulations, Adrian! I don't care how many ribs you broke, I can now actually say I don't dislike you the most. Cash... my mortal enemy (well, one of them) has returned. And he sucks. I know I'm the last person on Earth to suggest this, but Doug Mirabelli is literally just sitting around some office in Michigan. He'd look mighty good in some catchers' gear right now... and maybe a crisp white uniform? Wait, we're on the road, so.... grey? I can't even remember what color the uniforms are, I am so tired. But perhaps just the catchers' gear will do and I am moving on to a new topic before I start having to delete sentences.

I hate Kevin Cash. Wakefield does, too.

And who the hell is this "Lowrie" fellow. Name sounds vaguely familiar, but it's been such a long time. I thought he retired or something. But he's our shortstop for tonight, and for some reason he reminds me of CRW. This whole crazy team just fell apart, but we'll always have '04 and '07, and, well, now I want to watch Casablanca. And I'm absolutely confused as to how my mind got me here. Anyway. Who's pitching tonight? Dahmer? I sure hope so. Not that I'll remember the game tomorrow anyway.

No comments: