Thursday, October 15, 2009

Unbelievable: Nothing has changed

Yes, I'm upset we got swept. Yes, I blame Tito for a handful of stupid moves, and Paps for blowing game 3 when, really, he should have been ready. But I blame the team as a whole for looking positively pathetic in the first two games.

That being said, if you're one of those people who have demanded to trade or release any of the following players based on the playoffs (Papi, Tek, Beckett, Lester, Papelbon, Youk, Pedroia, Bay... ok, ANYONE on the team), please leave now because your kind are not welcome here.

I keep insisting that everyone has bad days, and yes, Papelbon picked a very bad time to have a bad day, but that doesn't negate his value. Seriously? We've won two world series championships this decade! Can we put the damn pitchforks down and realize that we had some bad luck? Every team goes through streaks, and ours happened to hit on a bad one during the playoffs. Really? REALLY, you're going to blame Beckett and Lester for the losses in games one and two? Can I please remind you that we had what, eight hits? One run. In two games. Come on! Blaming the pitchers for lack of offense. Sure, I would have loved to see them pitch better, but three runs a piece shouldn't kill a team with such good offense. It did. Nothing can be done now.

This is the last I'm going to say about the playoffs in this blog, because really, I don't care once the Sox are eliminated. I don't have a particularly soft spot in my heart for any of the teams involved. I'm just going to tip my imaginary hat to another winning season and playoff appearance and start back up with the rumor mill after the winter meetings. Enjoy the break, folks. A lot of us need it.

No comments: