Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Me and The Team: Both Pretty Defeated

I'm having a bad morning. I wanted to crawl back into bed when I was halfway to work this morning, but I didn't. It feels like one of those days when you just know you shouldn't wake up. On top of it all, everyone seems pretty down on the Sox, which gets me pretty down. Yeah, we lost to the O's. Honestly, is anyone surprised at this point? We can't beat bad teams. I'm pretty sure we have a losing record against the worst of the worst in all of baseball.

Manny Delcarmen was traded to Colorado. I can't say I'm surprised. He's been incredibly inconsistent this year to the point that I sincerely couldn't figure out what was going on with him. He had his moments of brilliance where no one could touch him, and then he'd follow it up with a two or three game skid where he literally could not get an out. I guess it doesn't matter now. He'll have a new beginning with the Rockies. I do wish him well. No matter how much I made fun of him and ripped him apart, he was still a home town boy. I'm happy that he got to live out his dream and play for the Sox, but it's time for him to move on. All the best to Manny.

Beckett. Oh, Beckett. I specifically asked you at the beginning of the game to not suck, and you didn't listen to me. I wish you had. Perhaps I should have told the offense not to suck. As much as I was not surprised about losing to the O's, knowing that the boys have had a hard time scoring more than 2 runs for stretches of time this season is a litttle disappointing. Despite the injuries, we still have a good offense. Two runs against the Orioles hurts just a little. And in all fairness, Beckett did get over the suck and pitched seven good innings, only allowing 2 ER, but it wasn't enough. He wasn't enough, the bullpen wasn't enough, and the offense wasn't enough. That's the whole season in one sentence.

I still want to watch, though. So I'm going to. Lester's on the mound tonight, and Lester ALMOST never lets me down when he's in Baltimore. I'm hoping he has a good game. We need something to cheer about.

I was going to write about Manny... not Delcarmen, Ramirez.... but what is there to say? He hasn't played yet.

No comments: