Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tito: Won't Be Celebrating Park's Birthday

It doesn't surprise me, and he certainly has his reasons, but Tito has confirmed that he will not be participating in the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park.

From Tito:
“Somebody went out of their way to make me look pretty bad,’’ Francona told Shaughnessy. “It’s a shame. I’m sure they’ll have a great event … but I just can’t go back there and start hugging people and stuff without feeling a little bit hypocritical.’’
It makes me sad, guys. I don't blame him for not wanting to go. Really, I don't. The smear campaign was crazy when Tito was departing. But as the best Red Sox manager possibly ever, for him to not be there? It's not right.

No other living manager has won a ring with the Red Sox. Tito has two. Tito was at the helm for the two most important seasons in recent history. What say you, Sox fans? Is this birthday bash going to be incomplete without Tito? Or will you not even notice his ommission?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's 100 years worth of memories and celebrating, but some of the very best of both were under his reign. I would think Sox fans would be very disappointed in his absence, but more upset about what led to it.