Thursday, April 19, 2012

Friday With Tito: Francona Changes His Mind

I woke up this morning to the news that Tito has changed his mind about Friday.

Seriously? It literally warmed my heart. It eliminated my need for a warm beverage. I felt fuzzy all over. When I first found out that he wasn't going to be there, I was sad. I don't want to go as far as saying I was devastated, but probably more than sad. Something about Tito not being there seemed to make it a little less joyous.

I'm glad he's changed his mind and I can't wait to give him the raucous ovation he deserves.

I don't care what his motivation. I don't care if Kevin Millar was holding him at gunpoint, forcing him to make the announcement that he was coming. I don't care if he's only going to show up to give the middle finger to the management (imagine the ovation that THAT would receive!), all that matters is that he'll be in house.

How many people will be holding up those cans of Welch's juice, toasting to all Tito's done for the Sox? I think I'll be one of those people. I'm happy.

I won't be happy with the next post, but right now, I'm happy.

No comments: