Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yawn: Yay We Win

Pardon the lack of enthusiasm. Part of it is due to the fact that I didn't watch the game... I mean the whole game. I watched innings 8 & 9 when I finally rolled home near 1 AM. Looks like our boys, even Lackey, did well. No complaints on my end. Lord knows I love a good win, and that win was good enough.

Despite not having anything interesting or compelling to write about from last night's game, I wanted to write two things (mostly because I'm avoiding doing a literature review that's due tomorrow, but that's another story entirely):

1) Mike Lowell hit three home runs for the PawSox last night. I know with Beltre, Youk, and Ortiz being incredibly useful right now, finding a place for Mikey is hard, but he's not going to be rehabbing for much longer, and we're going to need to find something to do with him. I say keep him. Well, I mean, keep him if it's in his best interest. I don't want to see Mike go back to the Yankees or to the Rays or, really, anyone in the AL. I'd rather him stay with us, but with the way our lineup is looking, I don't think it's too likely. If these are in fact Mikey's last days in the Red Sox organization, then at the very least he deserves a paragraph about his awesome offensive performance. And three home runs, I don't care at what level, qualifies as awesome for me. I love Mikey, and I only want him to be happy.

2) Beckett is pitching today (man, do I love former Marlins or what?). I won't see the start of the game, but hopefully I can catch the tail end of it. That probably means I won't get to see Joshua pitch, but I have no doubt in my mind that he'll be fine. Also, there's no one I trust more with completing a sweep. I don't even care if that trust is warranted or not. I have good feelings about today!

That is all. For now anyway. Hooray baseball!

No comments: