Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jon Lester: My Favorite Part Of The All Star Game

Like all my other posts this month, I'm going to make this kind of short... but I actually have a good reason for that this time. I didn't watch the All Star Game. I tracked it for a while, but I ended up going to bed around the 7th or the 8th inning. Oh, I started to watch it, sure, but I knew what was going to happen. There was going to be a bunch of Yankee ass-kissing and I was going to get infinitely annoyed. I don't like the Fox announcing team when no important figures in Yankee history have died, but after TWO important figures in Yankees history have died... well, I just couldn't take it. I think I lasted two full innings.

For a while, I had the game up on GameDay. When I noticed Lester was coming in to pitch, I turned the game back on, but muted it. See... even though I really don't care about the ASG, I love Jon Lester. But you knew that. It must have been mighty hot out there in LA-Orange County-Anaheim-Bakersfield Angels Stadium because I don't think I've ever seen Jon sweating like Youk. Either way, Jon did really good. No baserunners, two ground outs and a pop out. Certainly, he did us proud during his very first ASG. Hard to believe that it's only his first one. Hopefully, he'll see many more.

I know the AL lost because I read it this morning. I also know that the pitcher who got the loss was a Yankee. A Yankee pitcher and the Yankee manager get the first AL ASG loss in what feels like forever. Bet they're going to blame it on their overwhelming grief. Or more likely, they'll just blame everyone else.

We're back to real-world baseball tomorrow, and I just could not be more happy about that. Not having baseball in my life during baseball season is hard!

No comments: