Thursday, February 19, 2009

John Smoltz: Car Mechanic.

Listen, I haven't been getting much sleep these days, so the sleep I do get is welcomed... even when it's filled with wacky dreams of pitchers I technically haven't even seen yet. (I don't count it unless I've seen them pitch live)

I had one of those mornings where I woke up knowing that I dreamt something about baseball, and then immediately forgot it. I spent the first few hours of my day slowly piecing together the fragments of my dream out of curiosity when it finally came back together for me. I was in some kind of grocery store/pharmacy... probably Stop and Shop... and I was arguing with an old coworker of mine. He was telling me his car was damaged beyond all hope. I was arguing that he just needs to take it to the right mechanic. I started walking away from him when John Smoltz comes into the store and tells my coworker that the car was fixed.

In my dream, I was shocked, and started questioning Mr. Smoltz about how he did that. He told me that he's got a lot of tricks up his sleeve, or something along that idea. I walked away from him and woke up. I don't know... I sort of feel that this was a good omen for the season, dreaming about John Smoltz and all.

I got a strange email from the Red Sox yesterday saying something like "Congratulations! You can buy Green Monster seats!"... I've never seen anything like this before in my years as a fan. I have NEVER 'won' one of their raffles, so I'm just assuming this is a figment of my imagination. But seriously, are you kidding me? $160 a seat to sit behind the left fielder? Really? I'll take four $30 standing room only seats... Trying to count out the days on the schedule to see if I can't trick my luck into giving me a Beckett game...

When this week is over, I'll be a happy girl. I've never had to log so many hours at work in my life (yet here I am, messing around with my blog!). Stocking up on rum for Friday night...

No comments: