Saturday, August 15, 2009

There is a Reason that I'm Still In Love With This World

And that reason's name is Alex Gonzalez.

Yeah, I wept a little tear of joy. What's it to you? You'll have to forgive my emotional outbursts, but I LOVE this man. The last shortstop that I gave my heart to.

I sent a text to a friend this morning when I read that Gonzo had cleared waivers... "What are the odds that Theo makes me happy and reaquires Gonzo?"

The reply? "He should. But he won't. Don't bother getting your hopes up."

So I didn't. I didn't think about it all day. My hopes were down. I was fully prepared to go through the season with Captain Planet at short. I was prepared, and I was ok. And then 1:00 came and I get a text from a different friend "Red Sox reaquire ss Alex Gonzalez from the Reds! He's back!"

He's back, my friends. He is back, and you can't pry this smile off of my face. There will be no airmailed balls into the third row behind first base. There won't be sloppy double plays. I have all the confidence in the world that if he gets to it, he makes the play. I love Gonzo, and I'm so happy to see him back! Don't bother trying to bring down my opinion of him. Aint gonna happen.

Welcome back, Gonzo. You have no idea how happy I am to see you!

No comments: