Thursday, September 11, 2008

Carlos Pena: His HR's should count for us.

I've stated before - he's our property, and I want him back.

This game, unlike previously stated, is not the fault of Papelbon. It's the fault of Tito, and the fault of Jason Bay.

Hey, I don't want to pile on the new guy, but when you come up to bat with runners in scoring position almost all night, and go 0-7.... well then you have to take your share of the blame. Bad nights aside, we needed a hit from him. Just one. We never got it.

I guess I could say the same about the rest of the guys in our lineup, but I don't want to waste my breath.

Tito, for all he's worth tried to avoid pitching Timlin. That's why Mike came in for the 14th inning. Tito knows The Admiral is mostly done. I hate it, I do, that Timlin just really isn't effective any more because I like him. But the truth is the truth. He has three bad games for every good one. Even Tito knows that.... and Tito's the idiot who pinch ran for Mike Lowell - and used Alex Cora.

Well, I'm frustrated and trying to apply for a Masters degree program right now, so I don't have anything else to say... I suppose I could write my leadership essay about how Tito doesn't always use critical thinking to decide NOT TO TAKE MIKE LOWELL OUT OF THE GAME. Yeah.

PS - The umps sucked last night anyway.

No comments: