Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sox Outfielders: Obviously Endangered

I don't know what's going on beyond the diamond, but the job of "Red Sox outfielder" has quickly become one of the most hazardous jobs in the market.

The latest addition to the quickly-growing list of injured outfielders is Cody Ross.... which really, truly sucks. I like Cody Ross, and he's been coming up with key hits for the team. Now he's out about eight weeks with a broken foot, and we are beyond replacements-for-replacement level players. We're at replacements-for-the-replacements-of-replacement level players. It's getting scary.

I know I've asked before, but can we please keep this team in bubble wrap when not in use? Seriously now! We've got three outfielders on the 60-day DL. Pretzels, Crawford, and  Ryan Kalish may be back this season, but we'll see what happens. Neither Ellsbury or Crawford have even begun baseball activities as far as I know.

McDonald, Repko (remember him?) and Ross are only on the 15 day DL, but again, it remains to be seen what will happen.

Red Sox... bubble wrap and duct tape. That's all you need. Get on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I just heard the Giants are neck-and-neck with the Red Sox for DL outfielders. I don't know if teams are just getting more cautious as the years go on or not. It's a LONG season. It's getting LONGER in Philadelphia by the day...