Thursday, May 13, 2010

Timmy Wakefield: Trying To Earn His Keep (In The Rotation)

I saw absolutely no problems with the way Timmy pitched yesterday. Actually, I saw nothing at all. I was stuck at work, and Gameday doesn't work at work, so I couldn't see the game. Didn't get a chance to watch the replay. All I saw were the final numbers. Those numbers for Tim were just fine. They're exactly what you expect out of a good starter. Tim made a strong case to keep himself in the rotation.

Our offense on the other hand...

I've got no idea how bad the strike zone was yesterday. I've heard claims of it being anywhere between embarassing and pretty bad. I listened on the radio as Ortiz struck out on a pitch that should have never been called a strike (according to Castig.) but I didn't see it. I'll, of course, side with Papi on this one because he's Papi and I do that sort of thing. Hell, Papi was the only one on the team who had a hit until the 7th or 8th inning, right? RIGHT?! So, yeah, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

So, we lost. We tried really hard for a late-inning comeback yesterday, but when your team decides to f@#k around for seven innings, winning is going to be hard. Maybe they were excited to travel. I don't know. But, we've got a day off and I've got school work to do so I can't be too worried about it. We'll come back and start that extended winning streak any day now.

No comments: