Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Josh Beckett: I Want to Love you When You're Sad/Binky: Showstopper Extraordinare

This post gets two titles because I didn't get a chance to post yesterday and I wanted to (my office job eats up a lot of my time)

Joshua Patrick Beckett did not pitch well. But it's ok, because he's JPB. He is the Commander. He is Joshybear. He is whatever the hell I feel like calling him at the moment... but none of that detracts from the fact that he is an ace deep down. It's gotta be something about even numbered years that frightens Josh. I mean, his big successes came in 2003 and 2007. 2006 was ridiculously disappointing for him, and 2008 is looking to be mediocre at best. We've got six weeks left in the season, and Beckett hasn't really hit his stride. Even still, I wouldn't be too worried about him. He's a big game pitcher, kinda like Curt. He'll step it up when we really need him to. I truly believe he will.

Jonathan Tyler Lester was wonderful, again. He has been so often this year. Everyone has bad days, but Binky's have been few and far between, and I love it. I can't say enough good things about him. I've always wanted to see him succeed, and lookit that. It's happening. Way to go, Johnny!

Munchkin shaved. He was starting to look like a little chimpanzee, and that made me happy, but apparently he wasn't a fan of turning into Monkey-Boy. Oh well.

Kazerud hit two home runs, and had 4 RBI's for the night. It's good to see him have a big night, because I can't stress this enough... no matter how much I miss Manny, I want Kazerud to do really well here. I want him to win a World Series here (preferrably this year), and I want him to be happy doing it.

Speaking of Manny... I loved his hair cut.

The Captain also hit a home run. I'll tell you, watching him has been kind of hard for me since I found out he and Karen split. I couldn't even LOOK at him for a few days afterward. I was booing him, silently, and to myself. It was awful for me. But now, I've had a few days to let it process, and no matter what kind of life he leads outside of baseball, I just can't bring myself to hate the man. So Captain, I'm sorry that my anger got in the way of my devotion to you. I'll never boo you again... not even silently.

Phew, I feel better now.

Ok, so someone please sabotage POS's rehab. Please? Lowrie... AKA Lowrider... really SHOULD be our starting SS for the rest of the year. I enjoy not hating the short stop. Man, I miss Gonzo... I hope his knee is feeling better.

Happy Birthday, dad. Have a drink for me, where ever you are.

No comments: